Thank you for visiting our website (“Site”). ThriveUnion (the “Company”) is committed to treating the personal and corporate information of our Site users, customers, and vendors with respect and sensitivity.
We collect personal information that you enter on our Site or otherwise volunteer to us when you contact us to, among other things, make purchases or request information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain features.
For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Data” means information (whether stored electronically or in paper-based filing systems) relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information in our possession). Personal Data can be:
- Factual – such as a name, address, email, phone, or date of birth
- sensitive – such as financial account information, protected health or medical details or information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, physical or mental health or condition or sexual life; or
- Opinion – such as the results of a self-assessment test.
- ThriveUnion collects only that Personal Data that is relevant for the purposes for which the data is requested. ThriveUnion does not use your Personal Data in any way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it was collected or for which you have consented.
- You can visit our Site without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Data. But in some circumstances, we may ask you for and you may submit Personal Data, which may include:
- Contact information, such as name, address, email, and phone;
- Financial information, such as credit card and account information collected when you purchase products or services;
- Identification information, such as gender and date of birth;
- Data and results from information you input when taking quizzes or completing forms;
- Information about your health, which is necessary, for example, when participating in some of our live events;
- Personal information about your goals and aspirations for our community, services, and/or live events;
- For those considering careers with ThriveUnion, professional personal information such as a resumé, salary history, education history, citizenship information, and position sought, as applicable;
- For current or prospective affiliates, suppliers, and subcontractors, personal information such as social security number, federal tax ID number, or other relevant information, as applicable.
When you visit our Site, our web server automatically collects and stores the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, referring website address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages on our Site you viewed; page response times, download errors, duration of page visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
This information helps us improve our Site and facilitates your online experience when accessing our Site.
Our Site may utilize cookies to personalize your experience and target advertising.
When you provide us with information, we will use this information:
- To provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, or between you and our promoters, affiliates, or distributors;
- To contact you in the future to provide you with information about our community, goods, and services we offer, or those that are offered by our affiliates or third party vendors;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- To assess your suitability for participation in our live events, and to determine additional ThriveUnion materials, services, or events to recommend and market to you;
- For training purposes, quality assurance, and to record details about the products and services you order from us;
- To make inquiries about you for credit reference purposes;
- To perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of Personal Data);
- For prospective employees, to respond to your job application.
- When we collect information about you, we will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
We do not sell your Personal Data to any third parties. We partner with third parties to provide some of the services and products available on our Site and at our events. We sometimes disclose your Personal Data to those third parties, and they sometimes collect your Personal Data in the first instance and provide it to us. All such third parties use your Personal Data only on behalf of ThriveUnion and under the instructions of ThriveUnion on how your information may be used and processed. ThriveUnion and our partners will use your Personal Data for limited purposes as specified in this Policy. ThriveUnion takes reasonable steps to ensure these third parties use your Personal Data only for the purposes for which they have been engaged by ThriveUnion and that they agree to provide protections for your Personal Data that are no less protective than those set out in this Policy.
By visiting our Site or attending our events and sharing your Personal Data, you agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including:
Sales – business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, and subcontractors for the purpose of fulfilling requests from you to purchase goods and services from our Site or at our events;
Marketing – business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, and subcontractors for the purpose of direct marketing of goods and services that you may be interested in;
Cloud services – business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, and subcontractors that provide cloud storage services;
Contractual performance – business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, or they enter with you on behalf of ThriveUnion;
Web analytics — analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site;
Medical assessment – business partners, promoters, affiliates, and subcontractors who analyze medical information you submit to determine if you are an appropriate participant in our live events.
WE MAY ALSO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES IN THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as part of the purchase, transfer, or sale of services or assets;
If we sell all or substantially all of our assets to a third party, in which case personal information about our customers, attendees, and/or members will be one of the transferred assets;
Whenever we share information with third parties, we will take steps to ensure that the third parties put in place adequate measures to safeguard your Personal Data, and they will be required to use any Personal Data for only the intended purpose for which it was shared.
ThriveUnion uses reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing undertaken and the nature of the Personal Data we collect.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it, or as otherwise prescribed by law, for the purposes set out above. This period will vary depending on your interactions with us.
We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
You may unsubscribe from any of our online e-mail updates and marketing by following the unsubscribe instructions in the body of any e-mail message we have sent to you or by requesting to opt-out by emailing email@example.com. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your unsubscribe requests promptly, but you may still receive promotional information form us by mail for up to 30 days, and up to 14 days for e-mail. You may also continue to receive information from those third parties to whom we have previously disclosed your Personal Data.
Please note that when you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
“Controller” means the Company which is the organization that determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any Personal Data is Processed and used in its business.
“Processor” means any Person Processing Personal Data.
“Person” means a natural person, corporation, association, organization, partnership, or other legal entity.
“Processing” is any activity that involves use of the Personal Data. It includes, without limitation, obtaining, recording or holding the Personal Data, or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the Personal Data including organizing, amending, retrieving, using, disclosing, erasing or destroying it. Processing also includes transferring Personal Data to third parties.
In order to comply with the GDPR, we are required to set out the legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data. In accordance with the purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data, as set out above, the legal basis for processing your Personal Data will typically be one of the following:
- Our own legitimate business interests, or the legitimate business interests of our third party partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors, such as, for example, providing direct marketing to our customers of our products and services that we think would be of interest, permitting prospective employees to search and apply for job opportunities, handling inquiries from our promoters, affiliates, distributors, vendors, and customers, or other instances where we have carried out a legitimate interests assessment and have established an existing legitimate interest;
- The performance of a contract that we have in place with you;
- Your consent where appropriate; or
- Compliance with our legal obligations, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data: To receive a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you; To request that any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data be corrected or supplemented; To have your Personal Data erased, unless we have a legitimate reason to retain the Personal Data (such as if we are required to do so for legal reasons); and To ask us not to process your Personal Data for a particular purpose, including for marketing. All of these rights are subject to certain conditions and exemptions. For example, ThriveUnion will not be obligated to erase your Personal Data if we need to retain it to protect ourselves in the event of a legal claim. To exercise any of these rights, please submit a written request to us using the contact information set forth below. ThriveUnion reserves the right to charge a fee in dealing with such a request as permitted by applicable law and regulations.